Companionship and Home Assistance Tailored for You
Our goal at Sunset is to provide your family with the peace of mind that comes from knowing your loved one has a broadened support system. Studies show that maintaining healthy relationships and strengthening support networks can reduce stress and improve the overall quality of life. That’s why we’re happy to extend our reach beyond the Lutheran Sunset Ministries campus in offering companion services, home maintenance and personal care to members of the broader community. Sunset Companion Services provides in-home, non-medical assistance for persons aged 62 and above who need assistance to remain living at home.
As a program of Lutheran Sunset Ministries, one of the most trusted names in senior care in Bosque County, Sunset Companion Services puts the safety and wellbeing of our clients first. That’s why all of our Companion Caregivers participate in a formal orientation and training program that ensures they have the experience necessary to serve you. They are bonded, insured and screened, and most importantly, each Companion Caregiver has a heart of compassion in order to provide appropriate care reflective of Lutheran Sunset Ministries’ values and mission.
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
Companion Services & Personal Care:
- Escort to grocery and other shopping
- Escort to medical appointments
- Plan, prepare and clean up meals
- Accompanying to lunch or dinner
- Writing letters and correspondence
- Assisting with wardrobe selection
- Caring for house plants
- Participating in crafts
- Playing cards and other games
- Helping with laundry, ironing, and drop-off/pick-up of dry cleaning
- Renting and playing movies
- Planning visits, outings and travel
- Visiting neighbors and friends
- Providing a stable bathing environment
- Arranging appointments and appointment reminders
- Assisting with telephone calls
- Escorting to religious services
- Helping with medication reminders
- Monitoring diet and assisting with eating
- Providing light housekeeping
- Taking out garbage
- Changing linens and making beds
- Dusting furniture
- Organizing and cleaning closets
- Assisting with pet care
- Supervising home maintenance
Sunset Companion Services is available to members of the broader community of Clifton, Bosque County and the surrounding region. The program’s office is located off campus at 113 South Avenue D in Clifton.
To learn more about our program, pricing and how to benefit from the support of your own Companion Caregiver, call 254.253.1726.
The program is licensed under the State of Texas to provide in-home personal assistance services.